Oracle WebLogic Server is a Java EE application server currently developed by Oracle Corporation. You can start, stop and restart both the administration and the managed servers in two ways:
This is only possible if your Admin Server has been started using a node manager. See nmConnect (https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/wls/WLSTC/reference.htm#WLSTC476) Using WLST Commands to Start the Administration Server
- Navigate to the Oracle WebLogic Server Administration console
- Login with the WebLogic username and password
- Under YOUR_DOMAIN on the left, expand Environment.
- Select Servers.
- Select the Control tab.
- Click the checkbox to the left of each Managed Server name. (If you don’t see a checkbox it means you don’t have the right user)
- Click Start.
- On the Server Life Cycle Assistant, click Yes. The server state changes to STARTING.
- Click the Refresh icon. The server state changes to RUNNING.
To stop and start an Oracle WebLogic Server using WebLogic Scripting tool WLST you’ll need ssh access to the UNIX instance running your WebLogic and sudo access to the WebLogic user. This allows you access to the default start and stop script shipped with your WebLogic installation.